Thursday, February 7, 2013

One busy week!

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy    Psalms 126:3

This post won't be as insightful and emotionally transparant as others but I thought some of you may be interested in an update...

...We have been absolutely and completely overwhelmed with blessings these past couple weeks.  We cannot believe the way God is working for and in us.

First off, over 1000 people from all over the world have read our blog.  SO COOL!!!! Keep them coming!

Last Sunday, we were pleasantly surpised to find our official referral in our in-box of our email.  We also had recieved a message that our revised home study (our original one was for Ethiopia) would be at the office in Twin Bridges on Monday.  We knew this was going to be a big week for us.  We were brimming with excitement and overwhelming by dollar signs! We had been praying for as much work as we could handle for me and the Lord provided me with 3 substitute teaching jobs, a few blankets to make and special ordered necklaces galore for Emma (and I).  We still needed to send our paperwork to the capital to be authenticated so, in true Johnson/Fry fashion, Josh and I decided we would rally it all in one day. 

Monday morning, I set off on a day of driving.  My first stop was Twin Bridges, MT.  This tiny town is just about 90 minutes from Bozeman and home to the Winston Rod Company. I was able to pick up our home study, as well as one for another family in Bozeman.  Then I headed off for the second leg of my journey.  Another 90 minutes later, I arrived in Helena for a visit with the Secretary of the State's office.  Luckily for me, she had all the paperwork ready for us and I was headed back to Bozeman.  I was dead set on having our dossier scanned to our agency by the end of the work day and sure enough, I did. 

Exhausted, I went home to make dinner and study with the kids, knowing that our dossier was submitted, our referral was accepted, our home study was in hand, i600a application is in and our loan and grant applications were in.  Usually, there is some time between all of these, but oh well, this way works for us.  We would have preferred to have been able to apply for loans and grants before writing the checks for our referral, but we know that faith in God is faith in His timing.  Apparantly, this is how it is supposed to be. 

On that same note, we are so very thankful to all of you that have written me about our blog, ordered charms from Emma, special ordered from me, felt moved by our Lord to donate to us, shared our story, and prayed for our family.  Emma has sold over 30 necklaces to friends as well as strangers who are now friends.  I am doing my best to keep up with all of your blanket and caramel orders.  We asked, and He is providing.  No complaints here!

Yesterday, we were able to send the kiddos in DRC their first care package.  What fun!!!  Our kids are spoiled already and we haven't even met them yet.  Our agency told us that they will introduce us to them through our photo books.  In the timely fashion of this week, they told us on Tuesday afternoon and the package had to be together and mailed to the Denver office by Wednesday.  I definitely don't have to wonder why I am sleeping so deeply lately, I am worn out and it is only Thursday!





What is next you ask?  Well, now we wait for translation and more authentication.  We pray we will have another update for you in about 3 weeks.  This gives me some time to get caught up on the housework that has been neglected over the last couple weeks and maybe have lunch with a girlfriend who just recieved her referral from China!  YAY!!! 

Again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts to all of you who are joined with us, in even the smallest way.  We look forward to each day, each message we recieve, and each prayer that is made.  This journey is much more peaceful and a lot more fun knowing we are not alone.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment